Case Review (Survivors)
I offer a thoughtful review of the circumstance for survivors of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault. This review is to assist in closure with the investigation and possibly identify evidence that may have been overlooked. Sexual assault cases are extremely difficult to prosecute to a successful end. There may be additional avenues that can be explored. A written case review is available for a fee.
Case Review (Professional)
I will review the evidence in the case and will provide feedback. I will look for the overlooked evidence and will collaborate with the team for the best outcome possible for the survivor.
Systems Audit for Police Departments
Conduct case reviews. Chosen by the Supervisor, Domestic Violence, and Sexual Assault cases, these should be what are felt to be good cases. Others will be chosen at random on site.
- Boardman T&C will follow the cases from report to court or closing.
- Talking to staff through each step to identify gaps where victims can get lost and staff can get frustrated.
- Identify any areas of possible lost evidence or investigative leads and identify future training issues.
- Help draft a possible survey (upon approval from the department) to be sent to victims after adjudication. To attempt to identify any other issues that may need to be addressed either with the department or the SART team.
- Boardman T&C will provide a written report of findings for the department.